Attorney Charles W. Miller is the owner and lead attorney at Charles W. Miller & Associates. He was born in Louisville, Kentucky in 1970 and was raised in a middle-class family by two parents who were educators for the local school system. His parents taught him the importance of hard work and standing up for what he believed in from a young age. Attorney Miller attended the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville where he excelled academically, receiving numerous awards including the Marlin M. Volz Scholarship for Academic Excellence and the Corpus Juris Secundum Award for high achievement in the field of civil procedure. He was also selected as a member of the University of Louisville Journal of Family Law and of the national Environmental Law Moot Court Team. Attorney Miller graduated from the Louis D. Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville with academic honors (cum laude) in 1997.
Thereafter, Attorney Miller began his legal career in the fall of 1997 at the highly regarded law firm of O’Bryan, Brown & Toner where he worked as a civil defense attorney representing insurance companies and their clients in cases involving personal injuries, auto accidents, medical and hospital negligence, and insurance coverage disputes. In 2000, he made the decision to open his own law office and to represent injured individuals and employees in legal matters often involving the same insurance companies and businesses that he had previously defended. This decision was an easy one as Attorney Miller had always sought to help the working people of the world, those who were seriously injured, and those who did not have the financial means to battle toe-to-toe with large insurance companies, big businesses, and large medical care providers.
For over 20 years, Attorney Miller has taken his passion for helping his clients with legal matters against large powerful companies and turned it into a thriving and successful business. His skills as a civil trial lawyer is not only reflected by his long-standing track record of success and client satisfaction but also by the opinions of his legal peers and judges that he has practiced before throughout his career. He has received two prestigious designations in the practice of law awarded to only the most highly regarded attorneys in the Commonwealth of Kentucky based upon reviews from other attorneys and judges: an AV Preeminent® Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® which is considered the pinnacle of excellence for an attorney’s legal abilities and compliance with ethical standards; and recognition by the publication SuperLawyers.com as one of the top attorneys in Kentucky in the practice areas of employment litigation, medical negligence, and personal injury cases. Attorney Miller is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and was selected as one of the Top Lawyers in Kentucky in 2015 by The Legal Network.
Attorney Miller’s current legal practice involves representing injured individuals and employees in both state and federal court in cases of medical and hospital negligence; nursing home negligence and abuse; trucking and auto accidents; defective products; slip and fall claims; employment discrimination based upon an individual’s race, sex, color, age, disability, religion, or national origin; employer retaliation and whistleblower cases; civil rights actions involving state employees; overtime compensation disputes, including experience as lead counsel in class action cases involving wage and hour law; sexual harassment claims; violations under the Family Medical Leave Act, and other employment disputes. Charles also has extensive experience representing highly paid executives and other professionals, including physicians and CEOs, in employment contract disputes, non-competition and non-solicitation matters, severance package negotiations, and licensure and credentialing issues.
If you desire the legal services of a highly experienced, respected, and trustworthy lawyer with a proven track record of success, contact Attorney Charles W. Miller of Charles W. Miller & Associates.
- University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law: J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Marlin M. Volz Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Corpus Juris Secundum Award for high achievement in the field of civil procedure
- University of Louisville Journal of Family Law, member
- Environmental Law Moot Court Team, member
- Western Kentucky University: B.S.
- Major: Meteorology & Climatology
- Minor: English
Awards & Accolades
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyers® list in the areas of Employment Litigation, Medical Negligence, and Personal Injury in 2019, 2020, and 2021
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected as a Top Lawyer in Kentucky in 2015 by The Legal Network
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum® since 2011
- Kentucky Bar Association, member since 1997
- American Bar Association, member since 1999
- American Justice Association (formerly known as Association of Trial Lawyers of America) member since 2002
- Kentucky Justice Association (formerly known as Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys) member since 2001
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1998